Monday, December 28, 2009

The Dress

In anticipation of Carly's 8th Birthday and Baptism on December 27th, Amanda asked me in June or July if I would make the dress for the baptism. She picked out a Girl's Regency Dress Pattern from Sense and Sensibility Patterns.


I decided it would be a good idea to make a practice dress to check the fit before I made the baptism dress in the dupioni silk Amanda picked out. Even though I had the fabric and pattern months before the baptism, I procrastinated until the last minute! The practice dress was fairly easy and I managed to get it to Amanda for a fitting about a week before Christmas. We only needed to increase the length and make the cuffs on the sleeves a little bigger.

The white is the silk and the green print is the practice dress.


I learned that Santa was bringing Carly an American Girl doll for Christmas. So of course the doll needed a matching dress. Since the silk frayed so easily, I opted for the green fabric for the doll dress.


The dress was finished in time for the baptism and "Sweet Caroline" wore both dresses to have her Birthday portraits taken today.








1 comment: